Today was the spring semester Student Success Day. In other words, it's a day of seminars to help students succeed in school and life. I met up with a friend's sister, who is also my friend, to spend the day of success with. After checking in a little after 8am, we headed to the room of our first seminar. It didn't start until 9, so we had time to sit back and relax while waiting for the room to open. The first seminar we went to was about laughter, mostly the benefits. It was very informative, and the speaker was hilarious! He is a speech teacher at the college, as well as a stand-up comedian in town. I learned how to laugh at myself--which I generally do anyways--and that I should surround myself with fun happy people. I knew that laughter was good fo rmy health, but I didn't exactly know how. And now I do. Laughing decreases depression, lowers blood pressure, and increases digestion activity. According to the speaker, 15 mins are hardy laughter every day will result in a 6-pk abs over time.
The second seminar we went to wasn't quite as funny, but still informative. It was about stress and time management from a stoic point of view. So I learned about laughing and how to manage my stress today. And I got free lunch. And I got a new friend: a stress ball toucan named Timmy. And I now have a LONG weekend. No class til Wednesday! :)
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment