Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Weight Loss Challenge

For the past week, I have been doing 3 different weight loss programs. First of all, I started the Special K challenge in hopes of boosting my metabolism to assist with the other to weight loss programs. I gotta say, it's a lot easier said than done. I have never craved chocolate or un-cereal items so much before. For those of you not familiar with the Special K challenge, 2 of your 3 meals a day are either a bowl of Special K cereal or Special K waffles. The 3rd meal you eat like normal. 2 snacks can be Special K snacks: cereal bars, crackers, fruit crisps, or protein snack bars. Otherwise snacks are fruits and veggies. I like fruits and veggies, and I have noticed myself snacking less, which is good. However, I don't like having just a bowl of cereal as my lunch. I want more food haha. Anyways, I am 1 week into the challenge, and I have 1 week left.

The second program I'm participating in is titled Move It! and is through my school. For $10, you get a pedometer to count your steps every day for 10 weeks. There is also a nutritional challenge and a mind/body challenge every week. I have completed both for this week already. We are to try at least one new fruit or veggie this week. I tried a minneola, which is similar to an orange but less sweet. I recommend it for anyone who likes oranges and tangerines. The mind/body challenge is a relaxation technique with breathing. I am going to do it again tomorrow morning before my intro speech in my public speaking class. At the end of the 10 weeks, students (meaning me) get their $10 back and a free tshirt upon completion.

The third, and final, program is a weight loss challenge started by my brother-in-law. This one is going to last for 16 weeks. Each person puts $5 in the pool, as well as a $15-ish gift. Whoever wins the weight loss challenge at the end of the 16 weeks wins the money. There are also weekly winners, and they receive a $15-ish gift. So far I am down 1 pound since last week. I was really hoping to lose more, but I guess I should be happy that I have at least lost something. It's better than gaining pounds, right? We'll hope for more weight loss come next week.

No comments: