It has been a pretty exciting week. Last weekend was spent in the cities celebrating the home opener of the Minnesota Swarm aka lacrosse. And it was an awesome game! Over the summer, I won free tickets to the home opener, so I met my sister and some friends to cheer on the team. After lots of mirroring each others scores, we finally came ahead and won the game. :) Also happening last weekend was the 56th Eagles Cancer Telethon. For those unfamiliar with the telethon, its 20 hours spent with people coming together all over the area. There are singers, dancers, and bands performing to raise money for cancer research. There is malts and shakes, amazing pork sandwiches, mini donuts, and nachos. It's a lot of fun, and all proceeds go to an excellent cause.
Last week I survived my 2nd week of class. Nothing too exciting happened in my Plant Bio lecture, unlike my lab. In my lab on Wednesday, we learned how to use a microscope! And it was pretty exciting (sarcasm). Surprisingly, no one else in the class had used a microscope since high school, where as I used one almost every day working at the clinic. So I helped out my lab partner and we got out of class an hour early! It was awesome! In my speech class, we started our intro speeches. I'm scheduled to do mine this week on Thursday. I'm comparing myself to a moose :P It'll be fun. As for this past weekend, it was spent inside while there was snow and freezing rain outside. Gotta love winter.
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment