Happy September everyone! And what do you ask that I started the month off with? Why the Minnesota State Fair of course! At the last minute, lab partner and I decided to head out to the great Minnesota get-together. It was a blast, as usual. I don't think I have ever not had fun at the state fair. I guess I'm just a nerd that way. Anyways, upon arriving at the fairgrounds, we first headed to the Leinie stage for a free concert of a new country group called Trailer Choir. They have one song on the radio right now, which is the same song with it's video in spot 12 on the CMT countdown. This song would be the infamous "Rocking the Beer Gut." For those of you who have not heard this song, you need to! The video makes it even better. They also did a couple covers: "Bobby McGee" and "Sweet Home Alabama." The concert was a lot of fun. I had only heard the one song by them before hand, and their other songs were just as catchy. They were so good that I had to go buy their debut album after the concert. I highly recommend them for you to go check out, even if you're not a big fan of country music. Because it was the Leinie stage and its still summer, there were free samples of leinies! Now most of you know that I am not a beer person, but I am very dedicated to my sister so I had a summer shandy just for her. :)
After the concert, we went to get some food. I had my usual deep-fried mac 'n cheese on a stick, and she got a bucket of the best chocolate chip cookies ever--well next to homemade I guess. We wandered the education building and got free stuff. We wandered the eco experience and got free stuff. We collected a few canvas bags: St. Cloud, St. Thomas, Bethel, eco experience, st. scholastic. Kemps had a promotional tour going on, so we each got pictures taken with a cow and cow tattoos. The end of the night was drawing to an end, and we needed more food. Lab partner was a wimp and went after a plain old foot long corndog with ketchup and mustard. I however, went with another state fair favorite: peanut butter hot dog with honey and banana. The hot dog is injected with peanut butter, drizzled with honey, and topped off with sliced bananas. So yummy! Then we watched the ch5 news until fireworks. We were even on the news clapping and cheering for the state fair!
However, we were on a mission to get a lime green medica and turquoise ucare canvas bags, but they were gone for the day by the time we made it to their stands :( Also somewhere in the park, there is a stand giving out arbys hats that are like headbands. I was thinking arbys all day but no one knew since we couldn't find that either. So now I have a couple missions when going up again later today as well as Saturday. I told you I was a nerd when it came to the state fair. :P
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment