Sunday, June 20, 2010

I Love My Daddy :)

Happy Father's Day to my Daddy and to all the dads out there! Since I was the first one up this morning, and I was really hungry, I decided to make breakfast for everyone. I recently bought a new mix from Sturdiwheat: pecan, walnut, almond pancakes. Along with maple-cured sausage, breakfast was delicious.

After breakfast, my dad and I headed out to get tomato plants for his Topsy-turvy planter. Since my dad is pretty much clueless about planting, I went with to make sure everything needed was bought, not just the plant. We got soil, fertilizer, and the plants, as well as a pretty pink fuchsia for my mom to hang outside. We also stopped to get lunch on the way home. For anyone that is wondering, the orchard chicken salad at Subway is really yummy! Apples, cranberries, chicken...Yum! Anyways, the planters were pretty easy to work with. Your stick the plant through the bottom, fill the bag with dirt, sprinkle some fertilizer, and add some water. Hopefully it starts producing soon because my dad loves his tomatoes.

Shortly before supper my sister and brother-in-law arrived. My sister and I were making dinner, while my dad and brother-in-law put together the wooden bench/wing my mom got for her birthday. My sister had marinated pork overnight, and I made a ranch and bacon pasta salad. My mom was in charge of dessert: root beer floats and lemon bars. It was a great fathers day!... After lunch, we planted some tomato plants in his topsy turvy planter... The next project for the day was putting together the wooden swing/bench that my mom got for her birthday a couple weeks ago. It's been raining for the past 2 weeks, so today the bench could finally be put together... The last event of the day was a yummy supper planned by my sister and I and, of course, present!...

No comments: