Thursday, September 11, 2008
Poop Soup
It has been a pretty hectic 2 days. I can't believe everything they have me doing on my internship! I mean, I love all the hands-on experience I'm getting, but I wasn't expecting to have this much responsibility when I've barely been there a week and a half. Starting yesterday, they had me on the phones. So instead of just picking up and saying "Cascade Animal Center, can you hold please?" they actually have me helping customers and answering questions. It was a little challenging at first since I am still learning the ways of Cornerstone. Today it was a little easier. I was able to schedule appts over the phone as well as answer questions. I even got to help out with call backs and confirmation calls today. So I was able to confirm appts for tomorrow and check up on animals that recently got vaccines. I felt very honored to have this much responsibility. It was a little scary, but still an overall good feeling to know that they believe that much in me. Besides the front desk work, I was put in the lab for a little bit this afternoon. The lab tech left early, so I ran a couple fecals. I got to make poop soups and sing the "poop soup" song. I feel bad for those of you who don't know the "poop soup" song cuz it's an awesome song. Anyone who has done a fecal before haven't done a full fecal without hearing the song. Some day you all might hear it, and then you will be singing it everytime you want to do a fecal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment