So this week has been one of the worst ever, and it only marks 1/5 of the semester being done. I don't know if I will be able to make it throught the whole semester and stay sane at the same time, not to mention not pulling my hair out due to all the stress. It all started coming home to the death of a really close family friend. Upon leaving for the camping trip, we knew it was coming, but that doesn't make the situation any easier. She died of bone cancer, so it's good that she's not in pain anymore. However, she was only 54 and will never see grandchildren or experience the other perks of life.
Due to the funeral on Tuesday, I missed a day of class which consisted of a test. I made up the test this morning, but I do not feel very good about it. I wasn't able to study as well as I normally do. Hopefully my brain was able to override my recent thoughts with the information on the test, but we'll see what happened in a couple hours.
Retreating a little bit, my surgery lab yesterday was RETARDED. For some reason, the teachers thought it would be better having only 4 people in a group instead of 7. So we always start late and finish late, making the teachers annoyed and the class immediately after us forced to start late as well. Anyways, the lab on Wednesday did not go very smoothly, to say the least. The anesthetist/preanesthetist didn't know what the hell she was doing because she "looked at the schedule wrong." Sure, it can happen, but thats why you recheck it several times each week just to be sure you know what you are doing in the upcoming lab. Maybe she'll do that for next time. Anways, she was in charge of a lot. The rest of us tried to help her as best we could but the teachers wanted her to do her own work. Because I knew what needed to be done and had my stuff all prepared, I helped her out by getting the record started. She was supposed to finish it, but because she never initialed it, the teachers thought I wrote it all. Because the stupid anes/preanes didn't finish it I got docked points for her stupidity. And I cannot afford to have the happen, even if it is early in the semester.
The last sucky thing that happened has to do with my online class. Once again, it involves another stupid, inconsiderate, not-understanding teacher who doesn't understand the busy lives of college students and the driving distances of commuters. The teacher emailed everyone in the class this past Tuesday asking the students to come in this Friday to take a quiz. Cuz of course 4 days is enough time to request off work. So she sent another one out the next day saying that it could be moved to next week Friday instead. I don't know about other people, but a week and a half isn't really enough time to request off at my job seeing how that schedule is already posted. I emailed her back, and she said that my only options are Thursday next week during a class (cuz of course I can just leave class) or Friday while I'm working over an hour away. Why don't they understand anything outside of their stupid lives? To all of you college teachers out there, be more understand to college students, especially the commuters. There's a reason we do online classes; we are busy making money to pay for school and bills and food to barely survive. Be more understanding and considerate!
Among everything that's happened this week (and it's only Thursday), I have been doing a lot of thinking. Mainly, why can't people be more considerate and understanding of those around them? I just had a death in the family and was still ready for class on Wednesday. I helped out my fellow classmates and never even got a thank you! What is this world coming to? We need to stop taking people for granted all the time and start showing some thanks and gratification. We aren't going to be here forever. I don't know about any of you, but I don't want to die having everything think that I'm a mean, selfish, inconsiderate person. I want to die well-liked, not hated. So thanks to all that have helped me out in the past. Every little thing has meant a lot. :)
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! that is one powerful post!
Post a Comment